Thursday, November 02, 2006

Working Title

The working-title for my graphic novel is Influence and although I'll keep the specifics under wraps, I will say that it's largely psychological drama with a very slight sci-fi/fantasy element that operates as the story's MacGuffin. I've written five pages so far, but scrapped two (I may stripmine one of those two for later use in the story). I don't suspect that I'll be able to finish all 300-odd pages of the story by month's end, but I do hope to get at least the 175 pages for which we're aiming.

My page scripts look similar Dark Horse's but have a bit more freedom, I think, for scene and character description. I've also taken to drawing out the panel layouts with text positioning for each page (no art layouts, just panels), so I can keep a better feeling for page flow. I have a bit more freedom in my scripting because no one else needs to see my script - as I'm planning on being the book's artist as well (maybe I can do that part for NaGraNoDraYear).

Also, some helpful tips to writing well are collected under the title, 50 Tools that can Increase your Writing Skills. They aren't ones that can't be found elsewhere, but it's nice that they're all collected in the same spot.
And I suspect that NaNoWriMo is the reason this set of helps is so high on the del.ico.us listing.

No comments: