Wednesday, January 31, 2007

One/Third

Alright, so it's been a month since my last update and things are going fairly well. I just finished scripting page 131. Which means I'm a third of the way there. I anticipate two to three more months before the script is complete and ready for revisions. All told, that'll be about six months for a 350-400 page graphic novel, written in my little free time after juggling a full-time job and full-time family. Not quite the one-month we were all aiming for, but I am satisfied. Ah, if only I were a student on my parents' bill...

I am, of course, longing to be done though. And since I've promised myself no new video games until the script goes through revision and is sent to a couple people for critique, I'm pretty well inspired to keep on truckin'. (This sadly, means that I am having to forestall my return to World of Warcraft and its glorious crusade of burninating - which beckons me with an O-So-Sweet Siren's call.)

How 'bout the rest of our ragtag crew of overly ambitious GraNo scriptors? Have you guys made any progress? Dave, are you further than 31 pages? Rob, have you found the time to keep moving on your project (last you said, in November, you had potted out to 100 pages)?

2 comments:

Dave Carter said...

My plan was to take December off and start up again in January; but here we are on the last day of January and I haven't done a thing :(

So: February; I'll try to get another page-a-day done...

Seth T. Hahne said...

Good luck with that. I was talking with my wife and she pointed out that November/December are really the worst times to start up something like this - seeing as how they are lousy with Things To Do (i.e., the holidays).

By the way, I still think your monster idea sounds fun and I hope you'll keep us apprised if anything comes of it.